Clearance Type: Secret
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Section Manager for the Crew System/Equipment Integration group for the Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence in the Melbourne, FL. The successful Section Manager will have strong technical and people leadership skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and proven success with prior team lead experience. The Section Manager will report to the Vehicle Subsystems Department Manager and will be responsible for the functional management and technical oversight of approximately 20 direct reports.
Functional Management responsibilities focuses on people, products, processes and tools and will include the following:
- Supports employee development and growth by facilitating development plans, goal setting sessions, and performance reviews
- Provides technical oversight of direct reports to ensure products are in compliance with defined requirements.
- Supports initiatives associated with process improvements to increase efficiency within the group
- Supports continuous engineering tool development and seek out innovative ways to improve performance or increase capabilities
- Supports the overall employee engagement strategy of inclusion, accountability along with coaching and mentorship to the team
Technical Management responsibilities focuses on program specific tasking including to the following:
- Supports the development and documentation of Crew System/Crew Station requirements to establish the system designs.
- Secondary structural design and airframe interior configuration layouts.
- May perform technical planning, estimate generation, cost and risk mitigation associated with aircraft mechanical subsystems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Supports system component designs/proposals and provide installation and detail documentation.
- Supports and presents and technical meeting including Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with at least ten years of experience in design analysis and integration of aircraft Mechanical Systems.
- Knowledge of NX, CAD Tools, and Teamcenter or PLM Equivalent.
- Experience leading teams of various sizes.
- ACTIVE DoD Clearance.
- MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with at least 8 years of aircraft fluid subsystem design and analysis experience. An active DoD clearance within the last years. Prior leadership experience. Experienced in NX and Teamcenter, AMESim and other system analysis tools. Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result. Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously. Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Proven history of successful leadership
- Experience with Electrical Power System Design and Testing
- Experience with harness design (HarnesSys, Visio, etc.)
- Proficiency with NX 3-D modelling.
- Proficiency with TeamCenter.
- Ability to lead an engineering or cross-functional team.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Northrop Grumman Profile:
When you Lead the Way, You Can Determine the Course You Take!! For decades, Northrop Grumman has been recognized as a top-tier solutions provider for issues of national and global importance. Federal, state and local governments have entrusted many of their most pressing challenges to us. To meet this challenge, a broad array of government and commercial organizations employ our cutting- edge solutions. Supporting the interdisciplinary efforts of the Department of Health and Human Services and its public health partners, we help to protect the health of U.S. and world populations. Our activities promote health and disease prevention by advancing public health informatics, epidemiology and biostatistics, behavioral health and health education and environmental and occupational health. In addition, our extensive staff of professionals provides expertise and experience in developing tailored information technology systems, educational information, and public health practices. Why not join us so that you, too, may discover just how far you can go? For additional information please visit us at www.northropgrumman.com Northrop Grumman is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V